How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to re an Italian citizen visiting Seattle, WA

Customer Question

I would like to hire an Italian citizen visiting Seattle, WA for the summer on a Tourist Visa. It would only be for 10 weeks of work, but I'm not sure about what the legal steps are. Can you help with this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

A foreign citizen visiting the U.S. on a visitor visa (usually a B1/B2 visa) is not permitted to work while in the U.S.

If this person is trying to get employment for a period of 10 weeks they can apply for a different visa type (there are several different types:

But the individual should not be working in the US if they only possess a visitor visa, if they are found to be working with this visa it can create problems for them in the future should they try to get future visas (of any type).