How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons are 11 and 17 they were sponsored by my ex husband,

Customer Question

My sons are 11 and 17 they were sponsored by my ex husband, but I was denied my 10yrs so they didn't get their green card. I then obtain another conditional green card., but the lawyer didn't put the kids papers when he did mine, he said he will do mine's first then the boys. We didn't continue with him.
My concern is my son who is 17 us going to turn 18 in August, what affect we will have for him if we file now?
And do we file to adjust status plus the I 130
And what are the fees
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Did you marry your second husband before the oldest turned 16?