How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife who I married here in the US fights with me all the

Customer Question

My wife who I married here in the US fights with me all the time. now I want her to leave and go home but she reuses and now I'm stuck in a marriage I don't want to be I. I have to go to the hospital due to her fighting sending my blood pressure up very high I thought I was have a heart attack.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: you did not answer my question how do I divorce her
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
How do you divorce her, well you are going to need a local family law attorney to represent you. You can file divorce in the location where you reside and it requires you to file a petition for divorce and serve her the petition and summons to answer the divorce. Once you file the petition for divorce, if she answers within the time provided under your state's law (21 to 30 days from date you serve her) the case will proceed through the court. If there is little to no marital property and no children, the divorce would be granted generally in 8-12 months. It is when there is a lot of marital property that the case can take more than a year to resolve if the parties do not agree on how to divide it.
She cannot stop you from divorcing her.