Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

RESIDENT SICE 1990 ...MY LAST PERMANENT CARD THAT WAS PAID

Customer Question

I AM US RESIDENT SICE 1990 ...MY LAST PERMANENT GREEN CARD THAT WAS PAID AND VALID TILL 2020, HAS BEEN DESTROYED IN A TOTAL HOUSE FIRE 2012 ,WHERE I LOST EVERYTHING...AT THIS MOMENT I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VALID FOTO-ID..
Q: DO I HAVE THE RIGHT FOR AN IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT ? OR I AM JUST A BUBBLE IN AMERICAN DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM ? I AM FIGHTING SINCE YEARS TO GET A REPLACEMENT..DO HUMAN RIGHTS NEED AN ATTORNEY TO ACTIVATE THEM ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. While it might take some time to get through this, we will get through it together.

Of course you have the right to a new green card. You are a permanent resident. You just have to apply for a replacement, with form I-90. Did you do that? What have you done? What were the results? Have you had an attorney help you?

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!