Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was born in Saudi Arabia in dec 1985 and after 6 months,

Customer Question

I was born in Saudi Arabia in dec 1985 and after 6 months, my parents(both Indian citizen) went
back to India. I am also an Indian Citizen. In Saudi, my father had got a slip from hospitalstating that i was
born in the hospital in december 1985.He had given that slip to Indian embassy in Jeddah and got my name added to
my mothers passport.He doesnt have the hospital slip with him.I do not have saudi birth certificate.
My uncle had tried contacting the hospital to get birth slip but they said
that they do not keep records older than 10 years.I had tried contacting Riyadh embssy in Saudi to know the process to get birth
certificate but they were not responding to my mails.
When my father inquired with ministry of health affairs in Saudi they said that, without hospital slip
they cannot issue birth certificate or even nabc.Now I don't know what to do.
Now during my GC processing, I got an RFE to submit either the original bc
or a non availability of birth certificate. I don't have any relatives back in Saudi.
Are there any other way around this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Did you explain any of this in your original filing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had explained it in the filing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer to work with a different Expert.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am available, but is there any specific reason why you would like to work with a different expert?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get a solution soon as I don't have much time, as to what other option I have

Ok. Sorry for the delay. Please take a look at this link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/SA.html

If you click on the left column on that link where it says Birth Certificates, you will see that they will also accept a nationality card. So I would get one and submit it with a copy of that page when you respond to the RFE.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tabiya nationality card is for Saudi citizens.I am Indian citizen born in Saudi arabia.I don't have birth certificate from Saudi Arabia.

Then you would look at the link for India. Here it is:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

So the same, click on Birth Certificates and read about when a birth certificate is not available.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got affidavit(three) from my parents and uncle stating I am born in Saudi .Please let know whether that will be enough?

I think you should get a statement of non-availability from both the governments of Saudi Arabia and India as well as any religious and school records.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not get a statement of non-availability from India since I was born in Saudi Arabia and we tried for more than a year to get non availability certificate from Saudi government but we are not getting it.

I can only tell you what I think would be enough to satisfy the U.S. government. You have to understand that after 9/11 thing changes and security concerns are paramount. If you cannot get either statements from either government, then try to get something that proves what you are saying because they won't take just your word for it. So perhaps a statement from the government that they will not release such documents and perhaps a reason why. And don't forget that religious and school records can also help. Please do not forget that positive rating. Our sessions does NOT finish even though it may say "rate to finish" or something like that. Thank you.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.