How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5079
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came into the country with k1 fiance visa but the lady

Customer Question

i came into the country with k1 fiance visa but the lady refused to go to court with me , what can i do to remain legal in the united state
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

When do the 90 days expire? Is there no chance that you and your fiance will marry?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's going to expire on the 1st of June, she's refusing to go to court and she's pregnant for me

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the delay. My internet was not working. First, as I'm sure you know there is no way to force her to marry you. SHe would have to agree to marry you. If she does agree to marry you, even after June 1st, even in a few months or a few years, you can still get a green card in the US. However, if she never agrees to marry you, unfortunately you would not be able to become legal any other way. This is because the law is very strict with the K-1 visa. For the K-1 visa you can only get your green card through the person that brought you to the US. Even if you marry someone else who is a US citizen, you would not be able to get your green card. If you leave the US before June 1st at least you will not have spend any time illegal in the US in case you want to come back later on another visa. It is much better if you never spent any illegal time for a future visa.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view my answer to you but you did not respond or ask any question. Please let me know if there is anything I can explain more for you. I would like for you to be satisfied.

Please keep in mind that I must be honest with you and tell you the truth. I'm sorry the truth is not always what we want to hear but I cannot change the law. I hope you can understand this. Thank you.