How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 102142
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The steps & What's needed from me to invite a friend from

Customer Question

The steps & What's needed from me to invite a friend from Africa to come visit in California
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I just wanted to know what's needed first, he is not someone I just met I've known Ola for over 10 years now.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: He is very educated and works in Qatar as an Engineer, he is from Africa...not what ppl think, not a scamer or conman. He wants to come out here and see what America looks like, check out jobs in his field..Engineer Safety Management OSHA. Christian man. He just ended one job in Doha., he build the new Airport for the 2020 world Cup.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is nothing that you have to do. If he wants to come to USA, he has to file for a B2 visitor visa. He can do this at the US Consulate or Embassy nearest to his permanent residency. This is all on HIM.

The only thing that you may do (optional) is to send a letter to the US consulate/embassy once his B2 application is underway, which speaks for his good character. See sample HERE.

This is optional, however. Aside from that, he has to initiate and see through the whole process.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions