Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

How does section 212c relief help me ( prior to 1997). I

Customer Question

How does section 212c relief help me (for convictions prior to 1997). I have a conviction and in removal proceedings from the US for a firearms conviction I committed in 1991, (24 months sentence).
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have applied and have been an Alien Resident since 1990, and renewed my Alien Resident card in 2011 without a problem, but when I applied for US citizenship in 2015 I ran into problem, not only did they deny citizenship, but put me in removal proceedings. Also I reside in Miami, FL and the conviction took place in Know County Illinois.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
What is the states basis of denial? Was it the criminal record itself? Or did you fail to mention this conviction at some point in the past?