Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a permanent resident in US and have been here yrs

Customer Question
I am a permanent resident...
I am a permanent resident in US and have been here for 2 yrs already. My mother is also in US but is using a working visa, as a green card holder, can I as her daughter start petitioning her to help her acquire a green card?What advice can you give? Thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/24/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, you cannot. There is no immigrant category for parent of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident. So you have to wait until you become a U.S. Citizen, having taken the oath ceremony, before you can file an I-130 for your parent. I am truly sorry. The earliest you can apply for U.S. Citizenship is 2 years and 9 months if you have been married for 3 years to a U.S. Citizen AND the intention is to stay married and build a life together, or 4 years and 9 months of Residency on your own without marriage to a U.S. Citizen.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Ludivina. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect, Ludivina. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.