How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There, a couple of questions: 1. An immigration lawyer

Customer Question

Hi there, a couple of questions:
1. An immigration lawyer submitted a naturalization application on my behalf. She accidentally put my mother's middle initial/middle name instead of my name. I seemed to have completely missed it as I only noticed it when I received a letter for biometric fingerprints today. The fingerprints are supposed to take place on May 31st and I am freaking out because my middle initial is wrong. To make matters more complicated, when I moved here with my family 16 years ago my father gave me a middle initial when he filled out my visa and then green card paperwork ( he thought he was supposed to do that), but my birth certificate and passport do not have a middle initial included in then. How can I resolve this? Can I schedule an appointment with info pass to correct it? I am scared that my application will be denied?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. If the application is denied, you can just refile it again. Of course, you would lose the $680. How long ago did you file the N-400? And have you spoken to the attorney that you hired about this error? What do they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed it on May 6th and received the appointment notice on the 13th. Would it be possible to change the middle initial at the biometrics appointment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent her an angry email. Yes, I should have reviewed the application more thoroughly, but no, it does not justify the fact that she even put that name down in the first name. It shows complete and utter negligence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I emailed her a coupe of hours ago and haven't received a response yet. Sorry, the biometrics notice was sent on the 13th and I received it today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you encountered a situation like this before? Is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?