Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My brother is planning to pursue his masters from the US. He

Customer Question
has been offered admission into...
My brother is planning to pursue his masters from the US. He has been offered admission into a non-matriculated program by st john's university. In case the 1st 2 semesters are completed successfully completed with grade B, the course will be converted into MS degree program.
My question are -
- Is he eligible for f1 visa?
- The st. john's college university will be providing I-20 in order to enable visa processing.
As he has also applied in other colleges for MS program, in case he is selected and offered admission in another college, what will be the process to enable visa processing from other college? what do I need to know about visa processing in case admission is offered by multiple colleges. Also this may not be at the same time as some of the colleges will respond by June 2nd week. in this case, should we proceed with visa processing based on st. john's admission and can later switch to other college if required.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/20/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Well, if they can issue an I-20, they should be certified by U.S. immigration for an F-1 or at least an M-1. Take a look at this link to verify: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search If he wants to go to another college that is also certified, he can do a transfer of status from one to the other. He just discusses this with the Designated School Officer (DSO) of the new school. Believe me, they will help because if they can get him in, they get to charge him tuition, so they will help. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your response. So if he gets selected by another college after he applies for visa but before he goes for visa interview, what is the process? Also, how many times can he apply for F1 visa if he gets rejected the 1st time and how often can he apply.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also reviewed the list that you sent and the college - St. Johns University - Queens Campus, college of liberal arts and sciences is not listed there. however, when i do an internet search, I am able to see SEVP Approved Date for this college is 1/30/2003. please help me understand what does this mean?
They would have to file a whole new process for him. Or he could use the visa that he gets from his current school to enter the U.S., and then do a transfer from within the U.S. from one school to the other school. He can apply as many times as he likes, but the least amount of times that he applies, the better it is. As far as them not being listed, I think you need to contact them and ask them why they are not listed. Perhaps the list is not updated quickly, but you really need to ask them. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.