How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28930
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My SEVIS is going to terminate in next week JA: The

Customer Question

my SEVIS is going to terminate in next week
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i am studying in cleveland state university, i got gpa which is 2.28 in my master in civil engineering
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.The school has notified you that your SEVIS is being terminated next week because your GPA has fallen below their requirements?Have you tried to apply to another school to transfer out?Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have applied for another school
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i was in US and after termination i get my I-20 can i stay in US
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
As soon as you get accepted to the new school you can ask your old school to transfer your SEVIS to the new school.Even when the transfer out school has terminated your status you can transfer your SEVIS to the transfer in school upon showing the transfer out school you have been accepted by the new school.The transfer in school has to issue you an I-20 using your old SEVIS number and recommend on the I-20 reinstatement.You have to write a statement why it would be a hardship for you to be denied reinstatement. Civil Engineering is one of the most difficult graduate programs and i would suggest that you talk to the program director at the new school and seek their help in arranging for you to have tutoring. I would put in the statement that you have taken this initiative to be proactive to get tutoring assistance from the date class commences and that the program director has assisted you with this arrangement.You file the I-20 from the transfer in school, your statement, and the filing fee with USIS. your DSO to review it before you send it off.You are required to attend classes while the I-539 reinstatement is pending.Reinstatement is seldom denied because USCIS understands students run into various difficulties and if you have a master plan in place to get you over your difficulties they usually give you a second chance.You have to apply for the reinstatement within 5 months of the transfer out school terminating your enrollment.Your other option is to depart the US and come back in with your current F1 visa if it is not expired and the I-20 from the new transfer in school recommending reinstatement.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith