How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29023
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: do you know

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: do you know how long it would take for an I-824 application to be approved if an expedite request is approved?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Immigration Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I filed an I-130 petition for wife who lives in China. It was approved by the USCIS on April 25th, however the petition somehow indicated that we opted for AOS but my wife lives in China and only qualifies for Consular processing. I sent I-824 on May 6th to the benefits center in Texas so that they may send our case to the National Visa Center for consular processing. I recently got the receipt notice for I-824 and asked USCIS to expedite processing for I-824 because my wife suffers from depression since be away for so long.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Currently it is taking 3-5 months if you are under the CSC jurisdiction.If you are under the Vermont SC jurisdiction itis backed up to November and taking 7-8 months.You can write a letter and request an expedite.Expedite CriteriaUSCIS review​s​ all​ expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership.​ The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the e​xpedite criteria have been met.​​​USCIS may expedite a​ petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:​Severe financial loss to company or ​person​;​Emergency situation;​Humanitarian reasons;​Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​;​Department of Defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation;​USCIS error; or​Compelling interest of USCIS.​If one of the family members involved is a US citizen contacting your US Senator for a congressional inquiry is also most helpfulHere is the link to finding your US Senator. Go to the link for their webpage and they will have instructions on requesting their help. You usually have to make the request online and send in a signed privacy release giving them permission to speak with the USCIS on your behalf., I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith