Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am the petitioner (step mom) of my husband's 4 children.

Customer Question
We applied for IR2 visa...
I am the petitioner (step mom) of my husband's 4 children. We applied for IR2 visa and the children had their visa appointment yesterday in Guatemala. They gave them a yellow piece of paper and want me to prove that I have a relationship with them before they give a visa. Is this common ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. It is not common, but you still have to respond. Have you met them in person before? Do you think you will have a problem proving that you have a relationship with them? How much time have you spent with their parent? How much time have you spent with them?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. This does not mean that the case is denied. But you do have to respond to anything that the yellow letter requests. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello Maryann. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.