Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Im here on a e2 visa that I thought was 5 years. But it looks

Customer Question
like it expires just 2...
Im here on a e2 visa that I thought was 5 years. But it looks like it expires just 2 years july 9th 2016. Where and how do i renew?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/16/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.You have two options.If you are not going to be doing much travel outside the US then make a trip out prior to 9/07/2016 and when you re-enter on the visa you will get a 2 year I-94. every E2 entry regardless of when the visa expires you get 2 full years as long as your passport does not expire.If you are going to be traveling abroad after July you will have to go through the entire process anew either through the US Embassy in hoe country or in the US by filing an I-129. If you do the process in the US it only extends your stay and you still have to go through the entire mess again by applying for the visa anew at the US Embassy when you travel abroad in order to return.The Dept of State does not recognize the approval of the I-129 by USCIS and re-adjudicates your E2 visa application fresh just like the first time around. You have to provide all financials, etc. to the consulate for their determination that the business is viable.One of the many irrational process in visa law.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer