Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I'm new to this site hope this works..) I have a

Customer Question

FOR JUDITH (I'm new to this site hope this works..)
I have a B2 visa interview next week I want to stay in the US as long as possible. I am 33 years old from Australia. I have documents to prove I own a house (although I plan on selling it right after my visa interview), a car, and a business in my country. I have $10,000 in savings but my business also brings in $700/week income I will run it from the US. My questions are:
1) I am recently separated from my spouse and need a big break is this a good enough reason to want to be there for 6 months and will this still affect my visa negatively if i still own the house, car, business? Im too scared to hide that i have separated because social services already know we are separated.
2) Is my reason for wanting to stay in the US for 6 months is because I want to spend time with my nephew who is an international student there alone and I want to travel around the US for 6 months sufficient?
3) After my visa interview I am selling my house right away are u sure they won't know?
4) Will they see my income as enough for 6 months?
5) When I am there what will I need to be able to extend my visa for another 6 months?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
First Australian social services will not share any information with the US Embassy so the separation will not be disclosed to the US..Your desperation I hear in coming from you raises red flags to me and it will raise them as well to a visa officer.You sound like you want to immigrate to the US and that will get your visa flat out denied.You need to be less stressed about the divorce to the consul and that is the reason you need a long time i the US. It sounds like you are looking for a way to live here permanently.'1) I am recently separated from my spouse and need a big break is this a good enough reason to want to be there for 6 months and will this still affect my visa negatively if i still own the house, car, business? Im too scared to hide that i have separated because social services already know we are separated.The separation works against you because one's strongest ties to their country is a spouse they will not want to leave. You are not doing yourself any favor by disclosing your marital problems to the consul.2) Is my reason for wanting to stay in the US for 6 months is because I want to spend time with my nephew who is an international student there alone and I want to travel around the US for 6 months sufficient?This is a good reason.Take with you a copy of your nephew's I-20 which is the form the school gave himto get his visa and which was stamped upon entrylAlso put together an itinerary of all the tourist places you want to visit. Run off the airline schedules and costs for the flights, price hotels and print that. for such places an NYC, Chicago, Disney, California and explain to the consul this the the investigation you have done about visiting these places of interest that you find very facinating.Take your bank statement with you showing you have $10K in savings and then take your business tax returns and monthly balance sheets to show it can be ongoing with you over seeing it via the internet..Take the business license with you and any brochures yu have for the business.3) After my visa interview I am selling my house right away are u sure they won't know?No the Us Embassy will not monitor this and know about it.4) Will they see my income as enough for 6 months?Yes, yes, showing your savings and credit cards as a means of support.Yes, they usually look for $100 per diem expenses. If you have credit cards, you can also show you have these to pay for expenses there. Also show your business wil continue to operate in your absence. Show your monthly payroll records which lists employees.Stress that you must come back within the 6 months to ensure the economic success of your business. This can change once you are here and when you decide to file for the extension.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith5) When I am there what will I need to be able to extend my visa for another 6 months?
Missed this one5) When I am there what will I need to be able to extend my visa for another 6 months?https://www.uscis.gov/i-539The filing fee is $290\You will need a copy of your return ticket home in 6 months;A statement of what tourist sites you have missed seeing and what is still left to do on your itinerary.Evidence of $ to be able to support yourself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And that is all.. thank you for your help :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAit!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to recap..
I'm happily married, own a house, car, business here, have my old mum here as well as all my family and friends. I want to go for 6 months to visit my nephew who is studying alone in the US and travel all around the US before I come back and have a baby. The business needs me back here.. I am relaxed and not stressed.. Thats how I'm coming across yes?
Precisely, except you need to show your tourist itinerary, plans you made at certain tourist sites or information about them you printed off on the interview.Reservations at hotels in that area such as LA,Las Vegas, NYC, WDC etc.Where you want to take your nephew while he is on school break.Evidence you have the funds to pay for this.Email exchanges between your nephew and you about the tourist activities he would like to do and that you will plan them for him.Explain this is the trip of a lifetime since it costs a good deal of money to fly, the amount of time it takes to just get there and then recover from the jet lag and then all the places from East Coast to West Coast and inbetween (Grand Canyon) that you want to get to see and some of which you want to take your nephew on.Judith