How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5221
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an It company owner JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need

Customer Question

i am an It company owner
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: travelling USA on B1 to startup company in usa
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: can i change it to l1 once i am there
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: Can i change B1 to L1 after 2 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i change From B1 to L1B or L1A in usa
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Yes, it is legal to change from B1 visa to L1A or L1B while inside the US. However, when you enter the US, your intentions cannot be to enter as a tourist and switch to L visa. Your intentions must be purely as a tourist. Then if suddenly, once inside the US, you change your mind and decide to apply to change to L visa that is allowed. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thing is can i get a multiple entry L1A or L1B visa. and how soon or later show i apply for change of visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and what documents and conditions are needed to be eligible for L1 visa
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can apply and if you qualify, you can get the L1 status in the US. I would suggest that you do not apply for a change of status until you have been in the US 60 days. Which specific documents you would need would require for you to begin a new question since it is a separate question according to website rules. But just generally you will need documents proving the existence of the company abroad such as incorporation, income taxes, proof that you worked for that company at least 1 year in the last 3 years, proof of your credentials, and then proof of the new company in the US, such as incorporation documents, leased space, etc. I hope this helps to clarify and hopefully I have earned your positive rating.