Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My son's I-94 expired along with his passport. He is 3

Customer Question
Hi, my son's I-94 expired...
Hi, my son's I-94 expired along with his passport. He is 3 y.o. Our family is here under valid L1/L2 visas. How can I fix my son's status?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yer
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/13/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You just neglected to file an I-539 to extend his status? When is the next trip that you will take outside of the U.S.?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is correct. We plan to go on holidays no Mexico for a week in July.
Ok. Then you have to file for him to get a new L-2 visa outside of the U.S. While he is out of status, he does not accrue unlawful presence until he turns 18. So you can take your time and just get him a new visa outside so that he can come back in using that new visa and get a new I-94. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
His L2 doesn't expire in another year. Does he really need to apply for a new one?
Yes because of automatic visa invalidation. Once a person overstays their I-94, any visa they have is automatically cancelled. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.