How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12050
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a spouse of a legal USA citizen and Ia a Green Card

Customer Question

Hi, I am a spouse of a legal USA citizen and Ia a Green Card Holder aged 62. I have no medical insurance and am in urgent need of bilateral hip replacements. Do I fill out the DHS form as best I can and hope? I am disabled by the pain and also but the collapse of the joints.
Thank you
Louise Ferguson
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. Don’t worry - it might take some time, but we will get through it together. Which DHS form are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James. I will get the form. One moment.
Arkansas Department of Human Services Application for Health Coverage
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
What kind of health coverage are you seeking, exactly? Medicaid? How long have you been a permanent resident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems I may qualify for Medicaid but it is urgent and their program takes at least 6 months of bureacracy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to call you - I apologize!
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
I am confused as to why this is question is in the immigration topic area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see, would a permanent resident not have to ask these questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused and in pain, perhaps I have made an error in asking you. I apologize. I am relatively "new" to your country!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps this is a question for my doctor?? Sorry to have wasted your time. Go well.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Well, there are some potential implications related to your spouse's Affidavit of Support, which s/he filed on your behalf. If this is considered a means-tested public benefit, then he would be responsible for repaying the costs of the benefits you draw, as agreed-to when he filed the I-864. But in terms of how quickly you can get coverage, that is something only the Arkansas Department of Human Services can answer for you. I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge. And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that. Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job. A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is [email protected] thank you for your help, James.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louise, I am not quite sure what you are seeking by providing you email address. Can you please clarify what that is?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions