How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have only one number case- ie. WAC-05-134-53113. Sir/madam could you pl help

Customer Question

We have only one number for our case- ie. WAC-05-134-53113.
Sir/madam could you pl help in getting file number of our case.
Best regards,
Ashima Aggarwal. (india)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
case was filed by my sister some where in 2005.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

What petition is this receipt number for?

What do you mean by file number, what do you need it for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi mam,
This is on form i-797 (attached for your reference). We need to know where do we stand. my question -what is the file number against this approval WAC-05-134-53113 so that when we are allowed o submit our papers for immigration to USA we can refer it. I hope my question is clear and answer is worth the payment i made.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again..

I'm sorry but the document that you sent me is blank. There is nothing there. Can you resent form I-797.

I will make sure that your question is answered so it will be worth the payment you made. Don't worry, I will not abandon you until I understand your question and answer it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we belong to F4 catagory as per visa bulletin.
Pl check form i-797 and confirm .
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for sending. Now I received it. In category 4, you still have 1 year and 9 months wait before your visa is available for you.

There is no file number. I am not sure what you mean by file number. You will get a CASE number (not file number) once your case is almost current and the National Visa Center will send you documents with your CASE NUMBER ***** it.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was simple and specific. We want to know the file/case number ***** our petition.
To the best of our knowledge ,It has already been issed by NVC but we do not know. We have asked for that only.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam, I understand your question and I have answered it the best I can. The problem is there is no FILE number in NVC cases. There is only a CASE number. However, you will only receive the CASE number ***** your case is with NVC and they send you a paper notice. On that paper notice will be your CASE number. f you have it, you can attach it here.

If you have not received the paper notice from NVC then your case is not ready yet. If you did receive it and you lost the notice, then you will have to contact NVC directly for your CASE number. I have no way to get it since I do not work for the government. They are the only ones that can give it to tyouYou have to call them or email them directly. Here is their contact information

Email:***@******.*** phone (603)(###) ###-####/a>

I hope this helps clear up your doubts and I hope you can now issue a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mam, i asked for the file (case) number for our petition. i did not get it. that $28 which i paid you is my one week salary.
My hard earned money did get my answer. could you kindly refund it.Regards,
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I did answer your question. I gave you the information on how you can find the CASE number. THere is NO WAY for me to know your case number ***** looking at the letter you received from NVC. I do not work for the US government. You must contact the US government at the number or email I gave you above.

You have not been charged. Please speak to customer service.