How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have practiced law for more than 3 decades.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a United States citizen and my fiancee is an Italian immigrant

Customer Question

I am a United States citizen and my fiancee is an Italian immigrant who has worked and resided in the U.S. what documents do we need to make our marriage legal on both sides
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and Aloha,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking what documents you need in order to be married in Hawaii such that the marriage will be legally recognized? Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, You asked in a different question: I am a U S citizen ans my fiancee works and lives in Hawaii but he is an Italian immigrant. What documents do we need to make our marriage legal in Hawaii and Italy There are no special documents that you need to be married in Hawaii and have the marriage then in Hawaii be legal in Italy as well. The US and Italy recognize marriages performed in the other country, and so long as the marriage is legal in the country where it was performed, the other country will acknowledge it as a legal marriage. You will need your identification to get a marriage license in Hawaii. You and your fiancee merely need to go together, with your ID or passport, to the Health Department building on the Island you are on. The cost is about $65 and the license is good for 30 days and you may be married anywhere in Hawaii that you want. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016, Aloha,Doug