How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28930
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Good Evening
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My H1B extension is not yet approved even after 210 days.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: USCIS says it is under security check
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have immigration problem and I would like to reach to you for help. My H1-B extension is in progress and USCIS have updated our employer saying that my case in Security Check and hence could not make any decision. By May 27th 2016, I am going to complete 240 days from the day my I-94 expiry. My employer mentioned that i should not work after 240 days, but stay in US legally.
Are there any other options that could help me continue my job? Will a H1B transfer now help me ? I cannot travel outside the country for counsellor processing as my wife is pregnant now in 8th month. So we cannot leave US till coming 3 months.
Important Dates:
H1-B Extn applied on: 09/08/2015
H1-B Extn converted to premium on: 03/03/2016 (Current status is under review)
I-94 Expiry date: 09/30/2015 (Already expired)
Will complete 240 days by: 05/27/2016 (only few more days)
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.No you cannot have a new employer file a petition for you now and get an I-94 since your old I-94 has already expired.USCIS is running into large number of H1B extensions coming close to the 240 day expiration and our American Immigration Lawyer's Assoc has been in talks with USCIS regarding the hardship both the companies and the employees face if the petitions are not adjudicated before the 240 days expires.USCIS has assured our association that they are making every effort and giving full priority to cases that are hitting that benchmark.So the best yu can do at this time is to hope that your case has been flagged as a priority and that your lawyer has notified the AILA service center liaison to put your case on the list of those coming up on the 240th day., I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith