Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

This is Shawn, how are you? JA: The Immigration Lawyer

Customer Question

Hi this is Shawn, how are you?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: I just get select by this year H1B lottery, however, my lawyer made a mistake and had wrong start date on I 129, in my I-129, it said the start date is 09/19/2016 instead of October 1st. Is there anything I can do or my lawyer should do?
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did, lawyer said it is fine, I look all the posts online and even USCIS website, all said my case will be reject if I129 had wrong start date
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: No I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shawn, my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Unfortunately, you lawyer is not giving you correct information. There are no visa numbers available for fiscal year 2016 and 9/19/2016 is requesting petition approval for a fiscal year that has no visa numbers available.Your lawyer can try to send a request to amend the pending petition immediately by Fedex saying that the start date is a typo and should read 10/01/2016.It is a long shot that USCIS would allow the petition to be amended while pending but it is the only option available.I don't understand why the lawyer is telling you it is not a problem. Hopefully he has the LCA start date as 10/01/2016. If he put the wrong date on that then it will most likely be rejected.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith