How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28861
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son married a woman from india. my son sponsred her to

Customer Question

my son married a woman from india. my son sponsred her to come to usa after 1year. but after she comes she stayed with my son only 3 weeks and ran away to her cousin house .my son sponsered her to usa and also paid for her ticket. she is having conditional visa. we are filing for divorce. can she stay in us after divorce. will her visa expires . Answer immidiately
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Unfortunately she may be able to remain in the US and have her conditions removed. Your son should seek an annulment of the marriage based on fraud. The fraud ground is that she married only to obtain an immigration benefit.If the marriage is annulled then it is as if it never happened at all. USCIS will without question revoke the petition and her green card because the annulment will be as though she never married her son.That is the best action to take.If they divorce she can claim to immigration many things, such as abuse, that she married for love and he treated he badly.Often USCIS will give the woman the benefit of the doubt, especially if a dowry was involved.Best to change direction with termination of the marriage through claiming she was fraudulent and it was not a marriage entered into in good faith and therefore should be annuled.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith