How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5220
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently active duty military and I am about to apply

Customer Question

I am currently active duty military and I am about to apply to officer school. my fianc� is a Japanese national. getting married before I apply will probably not work so my other option is a fianc� VISA. How does that process work in the situation. What do I need to do ????
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Are you currently int he US? Have you seen your fiance in the last 2 years in person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in japan and we are currently together. so yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should be here for another 6 months to a year depending on my officer application process
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. In order to begin the fiance visa process, you should submit form I-129F for your fiance. You can find the form here . Read the instructions carefully so you can know everything to send with the application. The filing fee is $340 and you would mail it to ***** Service (USPS):USCISP.O. Box 660151Dallas, TX 75266For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:USCISAttn: I-129F2501 South State Highway 121 BusinessSuite 400Lewisville, TX 75067 The current process is taking about 7-10 months to be completed and for her to be able to enter the US with the fiance visa. I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.