How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4751
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks response. Actually, the problem is that USA

Customer Question

Thanks for your response.
Actually, the problem is that USA has no official relationship with our country (IRAN), so they are not aware of our marriage. I am afraid that the officer think that I have further immigration intentions during F-1 visa interview. I prefer to make him/her sure that I-130 has been cancelled already. Is my marriage certificate enough ? should my mother withdraw her petition ? Also, about the letter you mentioned, my file has been approved and sent to NVC, should my mother send the letter to NVC or USCIS? Also, they respond letters/emails very late. I have an interview in next month. What should I do during interview to make them believe I realy realy want to come back home after 2 years ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello this is Jennifer again. Yes, I understand the dilemma. That is why I have said that in addition you should have your mother send a letter letting USCIS know about the marriage with a copy of your marriage certificate and translation. She does not need to "withdraw" anything. The fact that you are married is enough to automatically void the petition. If your case has been sent to NVC already, she should also notify NVC by mail and email also with a copy of the marriage certificate.Your file may not be updated in one month with USCIS and NVC, but there's a chance it could be. For your interview, you should bring a copy of your mother's signed letter notifying USCIS about your marriage and your marriage certificate and translation. You should also bring proof of your ties Iran such as a job waiting for you, your husband's job, property ownership, etc.Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.