Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My mother was born in the US and years she had a US

Customer Question

My mother was born in the US and for many years she had a US passport that she never used. This passport is now expired. She has never declared taxes as her primary source of income was my father's money after the divorce. She is now filing a W9. I am trying to work in the US and get a green card. Would I be able to do so? How long would it take me to get a green card through my mother once she is all done with her legal and tax work?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Has she filed an I-130 for you? When? What country were you born in? What's your date of birth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
She has not filed the I-130 yet. I was born in Italy and lived in the states for almost 12 years under different visas. My date of birth is Feb 8th 1988.Thanks!
Can you prove that before you were born, your mother lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years and that 2 of those were after she turned 14? If not, are you currently in the U.S.? In what status? And are you married?
Clemente, you may have an automatic claim to U.S. Citizenship. Can you prove that before you were born, your mother lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years and that 2 of those were after she turned 14? If not, are you currently in the U.S.? In what status? And are you married?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. Take a look at this link on the 6th page: http://dc.fd.org/library/naturalization%20chart.pdf If you were born in wedlock and you can prove that your mother lived in the U.S. before you were born for at least 5 years and 2 of those were after she turned 14, you may have a claim for automatic U.S. Citizenship. If you were born out of wedlock, your mother would have to prove 1 year of physical presence in the U.S. before you were born. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Clemente. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!