How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28862
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am interested in inviting someone to the us from another

Customer Question

I am interested in inviting someone to the us from another country
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am a us citizen
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a us citizen and we would like to invite my husbands aunt for a family gathering in the summer but she doesn't have a visa to come to the us
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: she is in Dominican Republic
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Your wife would need to send a letter of invitation to her Aunt inviting her to the family reunion you have scheduled for this summer. The more details about where it is, who will be coming and how long it has been since the family has been together, the better the invitation letter.Here is a sample outline of a letter you can use to guide you. or your wife may also want to provide an Affidavit of Support form I0134 that will guarantee to the US government you will be totally responsible for her expenses here and that she will not use our welfare benefits. is the link to the US Embassy website that instructs how to apply for the visa. Your wife's aunt will file form DS-160 online, make payment of $160 as instructed and then schedule her interview.She will bring the Affidavit of Support and invitation letter with her to the interview.If she works she should also bring an employment letter and if she owns her home she should bring proof of ownership. This evidence also helps establish she will go back to DR after the visit.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith