How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28938
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know a woman in Serbia who is moving from city to city, trying

Customer Question

I know a woman in Serbia who is moving from city to city, trying to eschew being stalked, beaten, abused and not able to get a job because aforementioned awful stalker. I want to pay for her to come to the USA, but visa takes 6 months. What can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.What visa are you referring to?Are you seeking to bring her here as a fiance and marry her in 90 days of arrival?Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am seeking to bring here and marry her. I don't know what visa we should get.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am planning to go visit her as well.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. It is indeed a K1 fiance visa.It will take 4-6 months for such a visa to be approved.If she has police records of her assaults, abuse and domestic violence she may qualify for a special visa to allow her to come to the US as a victim of a crime.The best thing to do is for you to make the trip to Serbia and verify all of this information and to gather the evidence of these crimes.There is a special section for US Citizen Services at the US Embassy and you should make an appointment there.Under special and extraordinary circumstances where a life is in danger the USCIS field office abroad could accept and adjudicate the I-129F.But first you need to verify and document this criminal assault and battery and then discuss it with a US consul in the American Services Services., I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
They have all that.May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.Judith