How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl, my question is: An L1 visa holder with a job (supporting

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my question is: An L1 visa holder with a job (supporting her L1 status) is attending a graduate school (with an I-20 in hand). In case the job is done and if she hasn't applied for the change of status from L1 to F1 before that, how much time does she have to leave the US (in order to apply for an F1 visa), in order to getting back to her studies?)
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I just need to know how soon does she have to leave the US.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. Please give me a few minutes to read your question and I will be right with you.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the delay. There is no specific time that a person has to leave the US after losing their current status such as your L1. However on average, it is common practice for people to exit the country in about 10 days after their status becomes invalid. Since there is no magic number you don't necessarily have to leave in 10 days but the general sentiment is to depart as soon as possible so that you will not have issues in returning with your F1 visa. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my last answer to you but did not reply or leave a rating. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions that I can help you with to earn your positive rating.