How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108678
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am currently on a student visa in London that will expire in August since I am graduation in few months and I won't have enlightened time to look for a job so I was thinking of going to America and try finding a job there as I can stay there for a while on a visitor visa. What do you think? Also I am considering doing an internship even if it's unpaid but I don't know if it's possible to do it on the visitor visa
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No I don't think so, just that fact that I'm graduating soon and need to find work which isn't possible in London as I don't have enough time here and must exit so I would rather go to NYC and try that option. I am doing fashion design so that's really the best option for me, either London or NYC at the moment
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will I get a response by email I just don't understand because you don't have my email!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Sorry for the delay. It doesn't look like anyone was online for awhile. My apologies. What country or countries do you have citizenship in? What level of education do you have? Do you have a job offer in the U.S. already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's alright, thanks for your response. I am from pakistan and my nationality is Pakistani. I am studying here in London. I am doing my bachelors in fashion design from one of the top 10 fashion schools in the world and currently in my last year. I will be graduating in July and 3rd August my uk visa is expiring! So that leaves me with absolutely no time to find a job! And before my visa expire I have to exit uk and in order to come back again I need to go back to pakistan and apply for a visitor visa which is an annoying process so I thought I would rather go to NYC and try finding a job there. As it's one of the top 4 fashion capitals, it would be a good place for a career in fashion just like London! And I have the visitor visa so I can enter the US and then look for a job!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And beside this bachelors I also have a 2 years advance diploma in fashion from my home country
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. All I ask is that you not shoot the messenger. When you graduate, you would be eligible for an H-1B professional visa. You need to get a job offer. The job offer must be for a company that is offering a position that is related to your degree and experience. The position must normally require a bachelor's degree or higher. The company must have a need for someone in that position and must have the resources to be able to pay you what is normally paid to someone in that position. Also, because they are used up for this year, you will need to apply on April 1, 2017 to start working on October 1, 2017 or later. The exception is if you apply for a cap-exempt job and those are at an institution of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap. Here is an official link to the H-1B: You could also try the H-2B worker visa that does not require a bachelor's degree because there are still some of those left. For an H-2B worker visa, it is expensive and difficult to get because the employer would have to go through an expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media, the employer must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because they have a job for you. This is to prove that you would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link: Failing that, unless you had around $100,000 or more to invest, I don't see the way for you to come and work. You could try the J-1 exchange visa and find a program that suits you, but be careful because many of those have a 2 year home residency requirement that requires you to go home for 2 years before you can get into H-1B or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. And you could try an F-1 student visa for a higher level program like a master's degree, but you would not be able to work, at least not at the beginning. That could eventually lead to an H-1B visa and finally, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. Here are links to those if you want to explore those options: I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you, but the options are very limited. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions