How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have this customer that she is a us citizen and she is

Customer Question

Hi i have this customer that she is a us citizen and she is married with her husband and now they want to bring their two children from the dominican republic i mean the children are the children spouse, will they became automatically citizen or they will just come here as a green card holder.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard. If they have been married for at least 2 years then she can petition for them and they will come as permanent residents. If they have not been married for at least 2 years, they will come as Conditional Permanent residents. Then she will later need to file the I-751 to have the condition removed, once they have reached a 2 year marriage anniversary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been married for more than 2 years but the kids are younger than 18 years old so still the same law apply i mean they will became citizen after the father get his citizenship if they are under 18 years
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it applies to children/step children under age 21
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So they wont get citizenship because step mom its us citizen and biological father its a green card holder !!!!!!
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
They would get the citizenship since the marriage has been at least 2 years. I apologize for not being more clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the forms that need to be fill out ?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Form 1-130