How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3956
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I am trying

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am trying to prepare a brief to include with my i290B appeal for a denial of change of status from h4 to f1
JA: As you know, visas can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with excel at providing accurate information, and I excel at matching you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i applied for change of visa from h4 to f1, since i was turning 21, in 2015. RFE came in 2/2016. Replied with financial info from my grand pa. required $40k a year in college, showed $25k available funds. My college was finishing by 06/2016. So i only need to be here for 5 months, not a year. The $25k was more than sufficient for the period I applied for. I just send an appeal to reconsider via 290B, but was sent back as improperly filed, yesterday.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: this is the important fact about the case. he/she may need other info to understand the case better, i will provide if needed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. If you understand that, please answer the following: What is your specific immigration question?

Related Immigration Law Questions