How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4731
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Ive been a permanent resident since

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** Ive been a permanent resident since 4/12 I know that you can apply to become a us citizen if you are and have been a perm resident for 5 years or more. do i have to wait until 4/17 to send the application for citizenship or I can send it months before? thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
HI Juan, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. You can actually send in the N-400 application as early as 3 months before your 5 year anniversary of being a permanent resident. If you became a resident in April 2012, then the earliest you can send it in is January 2017. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much for responding this fast Jennifer. the n400 form is the only one I need to send? would you mind telling me what else do I need like a list of items I need thanks
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem. Yes, it's only the N-400. You also have to send your income tax returns for last 5 years (2016 if you have it, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012), copy of green card, if you pay child support you must send proof that you are up to date. The fee of $680 in check or money order. I hope this answers your questions and that you are able to issue a positive rating. Best of luck.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my last answer to you but did not reply or leave a rating. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions that I can help you with to earn your positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions