Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

H1b Transfer approved from employer but have not left employer

Customer Question
H1b Transfer approved from employer...
H1b Transfer approved from employer B but have not left employer A and want to continue with employer A. Have not started at all with employer B. Can I continue to do so and if anything needs to be done from my end for the same?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
4/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Sorry for the delay. Luckily, you don't have to do anything from your end. You may continue with A without having to do anything to your petition with A nor do you have to withdraw your petition with B. Just continue to work with A meeting the parameters of the LCA filed with A. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there any way my employer A will come to know about it? Also originally my I94 with employer A was valid till Sept 2018 and with the new approval the I94 is the same but it shows valid end date on the I797 of march 2017 so what will be my I94 end date if I remain will employer A
Generally speaking, A would not normally find out about B. To make sure that you have no issues, file for an extension with A with the original I-94 extension that is for September 2018. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But if I ask them to file for extension they would know what has happened?
It would be normal to ask for an extension. If you didn't ask for one, that's what could make A suspicious. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Based on my I140 approval Employer A had filed for extension end of last year which was valid till Sept 2018 and that was the I94 valid date too. When Employer B filed for transfer they got approval till march 2017 so if I ask for extension they employer A will get suspicisos
No, A should not see anything to do with B. Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But then when is my I94 valid till as the new I797 from Employer B has the same number but valid until date of march 2017 but when I came in country I see online it is till Sept 2018 i.e till when employer B got my extension.
You can work with B until the date on that I-94. You can work with A until the date on their I-94. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Hello Karan. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.