How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4750
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Relative detained at airport. Guatemala citizen. Valid visa.

Customer Question

Relative detained at airport. Guatemala citizen. Valid visa. Was in us for 6 mo without any overstay. Went home to Guatemala and attempted to return to US today but is now being detained.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm sorry to hear this. What is your specific question regarding this situation. How can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can do to stop a denial even temporarily. I'm at the airport now. Can an immigration attorney do anything right now?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no, there is no right to an immigration attorney while a person is detained at the airport. It will be up to the CBP officer's discretion to allow the foreigner into the US or return them home. The issue may be that they believe the foreigner is trying to live or work in the US by coming in and out with a tourist visa since they are coming back so soon after leaving. If they have no evidence to back this and are convinced that the person is not trying to defraud the US then they can still allow the foreigner into the US once they clear it up. The officer has the option to let them in to the US even for a short time instead of the total 6 months. It will be up to them. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.. I see that you have not been able to view my last answer to you. If you get a chance, please return to the website to see the answer. Let me know if you have any follow up questions that I can help you with so I can earn your positive rating.