How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance lost his passport in the transition from Nicaragua

Customer Question

My fiance lost his passport in the transition from Nicaragua to the USA. And he's trying to get a new one from Nicaragua but is not sure how.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: He needs his passport to get his USA Id. But he needs to know how he can go about doing it without going back to Nicaragua
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: We have a baby on the way. I'm currently a month in a half pregant
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there --He must contact the nearest embassy or offices of the Nicaraguan consulate. If there are none local to you then he may have to apply for a new passport online. Here is a link to their website which lists the US offices and how to apply for and renew your passport -- hope that helps. PLease press a positive rating above in the star rating section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. THANK YOU VERY MUCH-MARY -