How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4747
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have currently been residing in the U.S. since 09/1998 and

Customer Question

I have currently been residing in the U.S. since 09/1998 and have been under TPS and have my EAD card but came in the U.S. without inspection. I'm now married to a U.S. citizen(x1yr), I'm confused whether I need to file supplement A to form I-485 as none of Part B. #1 on the supplement A form seem to apply to me? And I'm assuming I should mark "c" on #2 of part B?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Unfortunately, being married to a US citizen is not enough for you get your permanent resident card in the US by filing the I-485 because you entered the US without inspection unless you have a prior petition filed for you before April 2001. If not, then if you are not eligible to file the I-485, you would not file the Supplement A either. In order to qualify in the US for your permanent resident status you would first have to apply for the advanced parole using form I-131 which is to travel outside the US. Once you re-enter the US, you will be eligible to file the I-485 here in the US. You do not need the Supplement A in your case. That is for someone who does have the petition filed before April 2001. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.. I see that you were able to view my answer to you. I am just checking in if there is anything else I can clarify for you. Hope to have earned your positive rating. We do not earn a salary on this website so the only way we receive any credit at all for our time is through your rating by choosing the stars or happy faces. Thanks in advance.

Related Immigration Law Questions