How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5091
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been in this country over 22yrs, when I came to this country

Customer Question

I've been in this country over 22yrs, when I came to this country there was issues at the airport, however I was allowed enter and I was to appear in court for the issues, I did I took a lawyer and will waiting to go to court he file papers so I can get my SSN and work permit. Since then the permit has expired and my SSN got stolen.
My question can I get my SSN back because am still not legal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Your SS number remains yours even if you are undocumented in the US. It is still associated with your name and you can use the same number for any job. However, to get a copy of the card will be difficult because you cannot show your legal status in the US. You can try to show your identity document such as your passport, but it is unlikely that they will send you a new card. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.. I see that you were able to view my answer to you. I am just checking in to know if there is anything else I can clarify for you. Hope to have earned your positive rating. We do not earn a salary on this website so the only way we receive any credit at all for our time is through your rating by choosing the stars or happy faces. Thanks in advance.