How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28937
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an affair with a married woman in 1978. I was single

Customer Question

I had an affair with a married woman in 1978. I was single at the time. She was from El Salvador. I didnt know she was married to a man that lived there in her country. I recently found out that she had a son that is mine. I went to meet my son. Yes he is mine. He looks like one of my nephews and me. I want to bring him to the USA. His mother will not see me because she is still married to the same man when she was here working. What is my next steps
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.I want to give you an honest answer so that you do not have false hopes and disappointment.You would have needed to have legitimized the child before his 18th birthday by providing support, getting a court order of paternity and a few other ways to establish the legitimacy of the relationship.That being said, not all is lost.Is there any way you can get a DNA kit and go there and get the child's DNA and have a DNA test done to prove you are the biological father?Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 56 and my son is now 28 going to he 29. I know i am late to rescue him, but he is willing to come live here with me and i will send him to college. He speaks English. I am also Native American from a CA tribe and I have asked our Chairman to include my son on the tribes tribal roll and issue my son a membership card. I found out my son has been approved to our tribe. I will be seeing my son again on the 29th of April and i will give him his tribal card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I can get a DNA kit or even pay for a Doctor in his country to perform the DNA to prove i am his father
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The way i found out was my parents have been providing support for him since he was born and continues to provide support. My parents are now in there late 70's and thought it was time to tell me. My parents have cancelled checks and money order receipts of support. Would this help?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Your first step before filing a petition for him is to have the DNA testing done.Here are some links for you to contact which are labs recognized to meet immigration standards***-***-****&gdnis=3161&gclid=bingads yuo have the results you can then file the I-130 petition. USCIS may require that you repeat the DNA testing under their supervision but that is OK. The results won't change.And yes your parent's proof of their support of the child on your behalf is definitely going to be a very helpful piece of evidence of the child having been legitimized as your child for a very long time.But one step at a time. Start with this.Of course, I am sure you understand yourpositive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is howwe receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith