Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I married my wife in 2006,she moved here in 2006 as well,I

Customer Question
brought her son here shortly...
I married my wife in 2006,she moved here in 2006 as well,I brought her son here shortly there after,she abandoned the marriage/house in December 2007,but continues to get her green card renewed,no one has ever contacted me about our marriage or anything else,now she's applying for citizenship,but I was to understand she has had to live in the same house with me in marriage for three consecutive years,how is all this possible,unless she's falsifying her applications
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I turn her into the US IS for this if she did falsify her applications
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. Please note that I do not participate in the phone call offers that are automatically generated by this site. However, I can continue to provide information to your questions here.Marriage is not the only grounds some immigrants have for filing a permanent residency application. If she obtained her green card through direct employment in the U.S., a job offer or your investment in a U.S.-based enterprise, the marriage – or lack thereof – has no impact on a current immigration status. Thus, she can apply for citizenship provided she meets the requirements for doing so. A divorce will not adversely affect an application.Additionally, one can apply for citizenship after 3 years of being a permanent residence due to marriage. Now, if you were divorced before the 3 years, then she would need to wait 5 years. Of course, if you feel you can show that she has falsified her application, you can certainly report it to the USCIS in Baltimore and they will investigate.
Please let me know, if you have other questions or need more information in this regard. Otherwise a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information. Thank you.
Sam, Attorney at Law