How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 102320
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HiJA: . What do you want help with?Customer: My spouse

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: My spouse i94 has expired 6/30/15
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: But we have valid visa and petition
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: wht else
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: want to know what is going to happen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Can you please tell me a little more about the situation and what I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me and my spouse has valid H1B / H4 visa till 4/30/2016 even our petition is valid till 4/30/2016 . And we have filed our extension as well. But we just looked at the i94 for my wife and it says its expired on 06/30/2015. but my i94 is valid till 4/30/2016. we never recognised that the i94 wil be different for both and we thing its mistake that it had wrong dates. So need you opinion is my wife will have any issues
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You say that there is already an extension pending, so this is good. Someone in your situation now wants to contact the CBP Deferred Inspection Site (see HERE) or the actual port of entry where you entered, and ask that the I-94 expiration date be corrected to correspond with the end date of the I-94 issued by USCIS on Form I-797. Many times, this will work and they will do so. If the CBP/port of entry refuse to correct the I-94, I would then get an attorney to help do so. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed my extension only today . I am worried that my wife status from 06/30/2015 till date . will this be an issue / concern .
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Someone in your wife's situation may wish to go ahead and do what was stated above just to adjust the I-94 date properly. This likely will not be an issue for the extension as this happens often. However if it is, this can become a little problematic (see HERE) and would require your employer's help to adjust. Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Immigration Law Questions