Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Can r b1/b2 combine legally now in the states change status

Customer Question
to R1 while in the...
Can r b1/b2 combine legally now in the states change status to R1 while in the states or prefer to leave Usa and applied abroad if entity is willing to sponsored him and the person is religious leader
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been entering USA as b2/b1 in and out and renew many times my current expires on 2019 and now I am in the states I have church over me religious work as ministery can they apply petition while I am in states or I have to leave and do it abroad
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This time I enter b1 and he gave me six months after hard time so the question is can I change visa type while in the USA and which one is better do it here or abroad
And is there consecuanses if I enter as visit a family and change status will they reject or no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/20/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Yes someone on B1/B2 status who is inside the US can apply to change their status to R1 while they are in the US. You must submit the applications for the R-1 BEFORE your 6 months stay expires. Once you submit the application then you will remain in a temporary lawful status while they make a decision in your case. That means even after your 6 months expires you can wait here as long as your application is already pending. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line. -----
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about if the officer at customs told me are you intending to stay this country in anyway and I say no only visiting family and then I found apportunity afterward could that be a reason of rejecting my R-1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could that jeopardize my religios visa and will they take away my current b1/b2 away
If your intentions are not to come to the US as a tourist to apply for an R1, then it should not be rejected for that. To be safe, you should not apply to change to another status for at least 60 days after entering the US. I hope that helps and I hope you can now issue a positive rating.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He actually threaten me you cannot decide to stay this country better at all!
questions if I have b1/b2 combine when did decide to give me b2 and why are they combine and what determines to combine and if he threaten me not to intent to stay could that be in my file when I change status! Thank you
Everyone gets the combined B1/B2 when they apply for the tourist visa. Just because someone threatened your intent does not mean that it will be in your file or that it will be denied. You can still be approved. I must go now but I hope I have answered your questions and I hope that you can now issue a positive rating.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It seems you a rushing to answer! You can go initial I was told to charge me $5 and now $38 and still feels as if I am pushing you I just want clear answer thank u
I am definitely not rushing to answer. I apologize if you felt that way. I have answered every single question you have asked me completely. Your satisfaction is my main goal and I definitely want to make sure that it is clear. Please let me know which part is not clear and I will be happy to clarify.
Hi there.. I am just checking in to make sure you were able to view my last response. Please let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you, o rush. Happy to help.Hope to have earned your positive rating. We do not earn a salary on this website so the only way we receive any credit at all for our time is through your rating by choosing the stars or happy faces. Thanks in advance.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney