Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Canadian has US conviction , seeks

Customer Question

For Guillermo:Canadian has US conviction for fraud, seeks nonimmigrant waiver via I-192 application, which otherwise seems promising except for minor matter of a $1.8 million outstanding order of restitution in that 2008 case. The order may have simply been converted to a civil judgment at this point -- I am checking on that.What is the impact of this outstanding restitution on approval of a waiver? Will it be treated the same as if he were still under supervision?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Amil. Well, it would probably be a detriment to the waiver if they see there is still a huge amount of restitution. They are allowed to take many elements into consideration to see if a person "deserves" the waiver. So something like that could have a big impact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it be treated the same as if he were still under supervision?
Hard to say. If he could show he is paying it off, that might help with getting the waiver.
Hello my friend! You forgot about me. Did my answer help?