How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108630
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in the process of trying to bring a 15yr old boy here

Customer Question

We are in the process of trying to bring a 15yr old boy here from Ethiopia to go to school. We have 3 adopted children as well. It seems I need to provide a report of commercial concern. Because we are a Corporation do you know if we need to do this or if we can do the other option noted in the instructions that is verification of employment. If we are officers of a corporation do we have to consider that as self employed or can we have our accountant certify a letter of employement or something.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You are asking how to bring a child to the U.S. as a student without adopting him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo,We are in the process of trying to bring a 15yr old boy here from Ethiopia to live with us and go to school. We have 3 adopted children from Ethiopia. We own a business that is incorporated. We have a school that will provide i-20 paperwork. We are completing the i-134 Affidavit of Support form. Because we are incorporated do we have to provide the documents requested for being self employees or can we provide a letter of proof of employee and pay as that is one of the items listed. On the list of items you need to provide it has specific items under the header Self Employed.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I would include the following with the I-134: 1) Copies of the last income taxes.2) Copies of the last 1099s and/or W-2s.3) Copies of the last 3 to 6 bank statements.4) Copies of the Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.5) Since you are self-employed, I would include copies of the articles of incorporation and proof that you are the owner.6) Copies of your profit and loss statements.7) A letter from you stating your position with the company, what you pay yourself and the prospects for this remaining stable or improving in the near future. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.