How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Overstay JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can I go back
JA: Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the us from August 8 - feb 8 of 2015 now that's 6 months but I also went in May for 10 days, and I thought the 6 months stay reloaded when you re enter so i essentially stayed for 190 days. I'm just curious if I will have any issues at the border because I'm trying to go on a weekend trip in June
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A short or brief overstay by accident will usually not be held against you. It can cause immigration to question you at the border and you can explain you miscalculated the dates and that even they did not catch it when you returned to the country. Generally, in most all cases they will allow you to enter the US again if this is the first time and it was only a short (10 day) overstay by accident.

Related Immigration Law Questions