How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5091
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my daughters entered the US legally and in CA public school;

Customer Question

if my daughters entered the US legally and in CA public school; as their mom and recently married waiting for my USCIS and interview
the marriage is failing after 3 months and seems I will end up divorce
my children have a valid visa thru june
if I get divorced and become a non status immigrant but remain in the US
my daughters will also be here with NON STATUS. how can they continue to remain in school
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.First, ofcourse it is up to you to decide what to do about the marriage, but if you can remain married and reconcile and make it to your interview to get your green card, that will be the best for your status in the US. Once you have the conditional green card, if you get divorced after you received it then there is a good chance you can still later get the permanent resident card (even if you're divorced). However, if you separate before the interview then you will definitely not get the green card and you will remain illegally in the US. Since you are considered illegal in the US, you would be in danger or being sent to immigration court at any time and getting an order of deportation. As for your child, your child can continue to attend school in the US if she is under 18, no matter what her status in the US is. Of course without legal status, she could also face deportation at any time the same as you. But as long as she is still inside the US, then yes she can continue to attend school. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I see that you have not viewed my answer to you. Hopefully you can return to the site and read the answer. Once you do that please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify. Please also keep in mind that your rating for our service is extremely important as we do not receive a salary from the website. Thank you in advance for your consideration.