Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My girlfriend has a sister-in-law in Iran. The sister-in-law

Customer Question

My girlfriend has a sister-in-law in Iran. The sister-in-law wants to visit us in California. She wants us to send her an invitation to come visit. How do we do that?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you for using Just Answer and for requesting my assistance. I am James, and I will be assisting you today.Please allow me a moment to review your question and prepare a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never got your response
Hi again, I am so sorry about that. I do not understand why my response did not register to you. I will take this issue up with technical support. I am reposting my response, below. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! ANSWER: There is no formal form or way to send an invitation. I believe what she is seeking is an invitation letter. The letter also has no specific formats or requirements. You will simply prepare a letter to her, asking her to come for a visit. You will describe what you intend to do while she is here, where you intend to take her, how long you anticipate her staying and that you will provide her a place to stay and boarding (food, incidentals, etc.). Obviously this is an invitation, so make it personal, not all business. You can also provide a letter to the consular officer, with the same basic information, but more formal. In the consular letter, state that you will see to it that she returns to her home country before the expiration of her permitted stay. It is very simple and straight-forward. Again, my sincerest apologies for the technical issues we have experienced, and any resulting inconvenience this might have caused you. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi again, I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above. Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you. Thank you!
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.