How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109004
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wanting to spend most of my time in USA with wife and

Customer Question

I am wanting to spend most of my time in USA with wife and dog in tow.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We already spend around 4/6 months a year back and forth over there looking for a house to buy or rent long term.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: We do not need to earn as we earn in UK and are retired effectively.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Unfortunately, there is no retirement visa available nor is there a visa available that is granted just for buying a home in the U.S. How much time per year would you like to spend in the U.S.? Are you willing to work? Do you have money to invest? How much?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have a business in San Jose, I don't draw anything from there, but could if I wanted to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 months ultimately
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
It's not a question of drawing salary or something like that. How much money have you invested in that business at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd say around $1.5m
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
OK. With that amount of money you have a few choices, luckily. How many employees does that company have in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a business we only employ sub contractors currently
But we could easily employ the ones we pay from UK
We've full time guy in Boston. And are going to employ a guy on west coast. Or we can easily get employed or paid in USA. We earn around $400k per annum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sitting down for dinner, so I'll have to duck out. Maybe send me a few more questions and I'll reply after.
Hope that's ok
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Your question does not time out or anything, so take your time. With such a large investment, if you can create jobs for 10 U.S. workers, you could do an EB-5 visa. Here is a link: The E-1 or E-2 are also options. The E-1 is for traders that carry on substantial trade with the U.S. Here is a link: The E-2 is for a more general investment. Usually attorneys do not take cases of E visas for less than a $200,000 investment because they do not want to risk losing the case and having an upset client because the client has to have the money already invested and at risk and if it is denied, they have to try to sell the business or something to try to recoup their investment. But obviously with such a large investment, you should be ok. Here is a link to the E-2 if you want to read more: you own a business outside of the U.S. for more than 1 year and will continue to run that business, you can invest $100,000 or more in a U.S. business (doesn't have to be the same business, but must be related by ownership) and you can try for an L-1A visa. Here is a link to that, but keep in mind that both businesses have to be run and should be successful. You can't just come to the U.S. and forget about the business outside and let it die: The benefits of the EB-5 is that you would get a green card directly but keep in mind that with a green card, you are supposed to spend the majority of your time in the U.S. to maintain it. The E-1 and E-2 do not lead directly to a green card, but they can be renewed every few years without limit. The L-1A has a maximum of 7 years on that status but it can lead directly into a green card under the EB-1 process. Here is a link: My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!