Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My mother, a permanent resident, is petitioning my brother

Customer Question

My mother, a permanent resident, is petitioning my brother who is 20 on F2a category. He has his interview this coming Tuesday and today he had his medical examination. He admitted to using marijuana 2 years ago, that was his first and only time. He has never taken other drugs, his urine and blood test will come back clear. Is he going to have a problem during the interview for that?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. If the doctor mentions this in the exam, then yes, he can definitely have an issue.. They may let it go if it was more than 5 years ago. If not, He may be forced to enter into a rehabilitation program and then reapply. It would be a ban of one year usually. I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope you can understood that I don't make the laws and I can't change the laws. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my response to you a few days ago but did not reply. I wanted to know if there were any additional clarifications that I can help you with. Please note that Your satisfaction is my goal and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Us experts on this site do not earn a salary, we only receive credit if you leave a positive rating. Thanks for your consideration.